This month, we're going with a regional favourite.
Ready to get cracking and make this tasty North East favourite? Here's what to do.
PREP TIME: 15 MINS.
COOK TIME: 45 MINS
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR 2 PIES: - Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive oil - 1⁄2 tbsp
- Acorn Dairy butter - 10g - Leek, thinly sliced - 1 small
- Dried mixed herbs - 1⁄2 tbsp - Dried mustard powder - 1⁄4 tsp - 227g carton Pease Pudding - 1
- Sliced cooked ham, diced - 50g - Salt and black pepper
- Shortcrust Pastry (watch this handy video)
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Make your pastry and chill whilst you prepare the leeks and ham to the stage described in the list. 2. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan on a low heat until the butter is bubbling then add the leeks and mixed herbs and fry for 4-5 minutes until softened. 3. Stir in the remaining filling ingredients and mix well together. Remove from the heat, season to taste and allow to cool. 4. Meanwhile, roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to about 0.5cm thickness. Use the large round pie cutter and stamp out a circle of pastry for each pie base. 5. Lay the pastry into the pie maker (don’t turn it on yet) and fill with the pie filling. 6. Cut out smaller circles of pastry, using the reverse side of the pie cutter, and place on top of each pie making a lid. 7. Close and lock the lid on the pie maker then plug it in and cook for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden.