This month's pie recipe is an absolute classic.
PREP TIME: 25 MINS
COOK TIME: 45 MINS
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR 4 PIES:
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio
- Mild & Light Olive oil
- 2 Thick cut back bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 Leek, washed and sliced
- 4 Chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- ½ tsp Dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 150ml Chicken stock
- 100ml Crème fraiche
- 150g Chicken, cut into 1cm chunks
- Salt and black pepper
- Rough Puff Pastry
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Make your pastry and chill whilst you prepare the bacon, leeks, mushrooms and chicken to the stage described in the list.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat and fry the chicken, bacon and leek until starting to brown. Add the mushrooms and mixed herbs and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, whilst stirring. Sprinkle in the flour and stir over a low heat for 1 minute.
3. Whilst stirring, gradually pour in the stock and continue to cook over a gentle heat until the sauce starts to thicken. Stir in the crème fraiche, mixing together until you have a smooth sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile, roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to about 0.5cm thickness. Use the large round pie cutter and stamp out a circle of pastry for each pie base. Lay the pastry into the pie maker (don’t turn it on yet) and fill with the pie filling.
5. Cut out smaller circles of pastry, using the reverse side of the pie cutter, and place on top of each pie making a lid.
6. Close and lock the lid on the pie maker then plug it in and cook for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden.
Enjoy - until next month Pie-lovers!